Fall Protection Plan Developer
Unit Standard 2299945 Aligned
ASSESS A WORKSITE FOR WORK AT HEIGHT AND PREPARE A FALL PROTECTION PLAN
Learners wishing to acquire the competencies in this standard will be people responsible for the safety and protection of people working at height where there is a risk of injury from a fall. The learner will be responsible for the safety of others performing tasks at height. Qualifying learners are able to develop fall protection plans for people working at height, required by the Occupational Health and safety act (Act 85 of 1993).
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Performing a risk assessment of the worksite where work is to be done at height.
- Demonstrating knowledge of fall arrest rescue equipment and advanced fall arrest rescue.
- Developing a fall protection plan and fall arrest plan.
- Managing the safety of personnel working at heights.
In order for a successful learner of this standard to be able to function in a rope access operation, the learner must:
- Be medically fit and in possession of a medical certificate, declaring him/her free from a condition that may prevent him/her from working safely as specified in the range statement.
Have knowledge of suspension trauma.